University of California IPM Insect Update
- Notice the third male codling moth biofix was 7/11/16.
- Note the third biofix for PTB was 7/11/16.
- We have Walnut Husk Fly traps up in the Dairyville area of Tehama County and we caught our first male fly on 6/30/16. The first female with no eggs was caught 7/5/16. Our first WHF spray went on 7/6/16. The first female with eggs was caught 7/14/16. So far, we have treated three times. Every orchard is different so watch your traps and treat accordingly.
- We measured the first walnut scale crawlers 5/16/16 on both Howard and Chandler near Red Bluff. Scale crawlers peaked on 5/31/16 and have declined to near zero from 6/13 to 8/1.
- Additional Pest management information is available at the UC IPM website including a day degree calculator (http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu).
Richard P. Buchner and Cyndi K. Gilles
Orchard Advisor & Research Associate
UC Cooperative Extension Tehama County
Thank you for our trap supplies!