University of California IPM Insect Update
- Notice the second male Codling moth biofix 5/31. Our in- orchard weather stations show a 360 Degree day accumulation.
- Second OFM biofix 5/19 monitored in almond just south of Red Bluff.
- We have Walnut Husk Fly traps up and no flies yet.
- We measured first walnut scale crawlers 5/16/16 on both Howard and Chandler near Red Bluff. Scale crawlers are still active as of 6/6/16 but appear to be declining suggesting we are past peak emergence.
- Additional Pest management information is available at the UC IPM website including a day degree calculator (http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu).
Richard P. Buchner and Cyndi K. Gilles
Orchard Advisor & Research Associate
UC Cooperative Extension Tehama County
Thank you for our trap supplies!
Leave a Reply