University of California IPM Insect Update
- Notice the second male Codling moth biofix was 5/31. Our in- orchard weather stations show a 486 Degree day accumulation.
- The second PTB biofix was 5/31 monitored in almonds just south of Red Bluff.
- We have Walnut Husk Fly traps up and no flies yet.
- We measured the first walnut scale crawlers 5/16/16 on both Howard and Chandler near Red Bluff. Scale crawlers peaked on 5/31/16 and have declined to near zero as of 6/20 suggesting the end of the first generation.
- Additional Pest management information is available at the UC IPM website including a day degree calculator (http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu).
Richard P. Buchner and Cyndi K. Gilles
Orchard Advisor & Research Associate
UC Cooperative Extension Tehama County
Thank you for our trap supplies!