- This event has passed.
Nickels Soil Lab Annual Field Day 2021
June 1 @ 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
IN PERSON at the Nickels Soils Laboratory, Marine Road, Arbuckle, CA
7:30 am – 8:30 am- Early Bird Special
Nearby the registration tables, but further than a 5 minute walk and so not included in the full program, this trial measures production from Nonpareil(50%), Aldrich (25%) and Kester (25%) almond plantings on Titan (peach/almond hybrid, 5th leaf) or Rootpac-R (almond/plum hybrid, 4th leaf) at 12’, 14’, 16’, or 18’ tree spacing. All row spacings = 21’. Research reports from 2020 will be available. There will be a very brief intro to the planting at 7:30 and then it’s an “open house” with trial maps available with signs showing what is planted where. Drive on over to Marine Avenue for Nickels Field Day!
8:30 am- Registration & Refreshments (sponsored by Colusa-Glenn Farm Credit)
9:20 am- Meeting Cycles begin
Confirmed topics of interest:
- Weed management in young orchards
- Whole orchard recycling (WOR): soil quality results
- Whole orchard recycling (WOR): fertilization recommendations
- Managing young almond plantings on vigorous rootstocks
- Planting options
- Stay for lunch and listen to our speaker from Blue Diamond Growers! Help us support our local Pierce High School FFA program, Tri-Tip BBQ lunch $20 (preferably by reservation, call our office (530-458-0570) or send in the luncheon reservation form to reserve yours today!)
- Additional topics to come and possible equipment demo
- Full agenda coming very soon!
PCA CE credits requested; CCA CE credit requested