Spring Almond & Walnut Nutrient and Water Management Field Day
March 27 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pmFree, RSVP requested
March 27th, 8:30am – 1pm.
California Almond Packers and Exporters (CAPEX)
21275 Simpson Rd, Corning. Field site is 1.2miles west of plant on Simpson Rd.
Please join us to participate in talks and rotating sessions on best water and nutrient management practices. This event is co-sponsored by UC Cooperative Extension, UC Davis, CDFA-FREP and the Almond Board of California. The field day will highlight recent experimental results on BMP trials conducted in collaboration between UCCE and Dr. Brown’s lab.
8:30-9:00am – Welcome! Grower/management conversation about goals and practices, Matt Esteve
9:00-9:30am – ABC Overview and Almond Sustainability Program, Almond Board of California
Rotating Stations (9:30-12:30pm):
– Nitrogen Management BMP’s in walnut, Katherine Jarvis-Shean
– Soil and water testing for planning and feedback, Luke Milliron
– Forward tissue sampling and overview of BMP trials to manage N and water, Patrick Brown and Miguel Guillen
– Tools: Irrigation efficiency and timing, Allan Fulton
– CASP online tools, Spencer Cooper
Lunch hosted by the Almond Board of California
4 hours of CCA CE hours requested.
RSVP online or by calling 530-527-3101