- This event has passed.
Weed Day 2018
Come to the 62nd annual Weed Day event and find out what the latest University of California weed science research is.
The event begins with a morning field tour of the UC Davis weed science research plots. Buses will depart promptly at 8:15 AM from the Buehler Alumni Center, UC Davis. Lunch and afternoon presentations will be indoors in the Buehler Alumni Center.
In the Buehler Alumni Center, UC faculty, staff and students will present information on projects that are not in-season for viewing or research located off-campus. Presentations will include basic research showing the scope of the Weed Science Program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Pest control advisors, pesticide applicators, growers, farm advisors, chemical company cooperators, college faculty and students, and regulatory officials should not miss this event. Space is limited, so register early.
DATE and TIME
July 12, 2018 (Thursday)
The event check-in desk will be open from 7:30-8:00 AM. Buses for the morning field tour will depart promptly at 8:15 AM.
The course will be held at the Walter A. Buehler Alumni Center (530 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA) on the UC Davis campus.
* Buehler Alumni Center (ONLINE :: campus map)
* Buehler Alumni Center (ONLINE :: Google map)
* UC Davis campus map (interactive map)
The nearest parking lot to the Walter A. Buehler Alumni Center (530 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA) is the Gateway Parking Structure and Lot 1 on Old Davis Road (Gatewiay District). Daily visitor parking permits cost $9 and can be purchased from the yellow permit dispensing machines located at the parking lot entrance.
* UC Davis campus parking map (PDF–look for the Gateway Parking Structure or parking lot P1 in the GATEWAY District)
* UC Davis visitor parking information
Registration fee includes handout material, light refreshments and lunch. Class size is limited, so early enrollment is suggested.
Acceptable methods of payment: credit card, check or UC account number. No purchase orders accepted. No invoices will be issued by our office. Payment must accompany registration form—no exceptions.
Online registration (credit card only)–VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover credit cards accepted.
Online registration (UC account number only)
Print registration form (check payment)–follow instructions on form. Make checks payable to UC Regents.
No refunds will be granted. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute in your place.
This course is approved for the following continuing education units:
PCA, QAC, QAL, Private Applicator >> pending
CA CCA >> pending
If you require special needs (e.g. dietary restrictions), please contact our office. With advance notice, we will try to accommodate your needs.
Occasionally we use photographs of participants in our promotional materials. By virtue of your attendance, you agree to the use of your likeness in such material.
(PHOTOS from previous Weed Day events)
Lodging accommodations are not included in the course fee.
- A limited block of rooms is available at the Hallmark Inn in Davis for this event). Click HERE for the special rate information.
- A limited block of rooms is available at the Aggie Inn in Davis for this event. Click HERE for the special rate information.
- other DAVIS HOTELS
- more DAVIS HOTELS (WIKI)
- DAVIS WIKI-TRANSPORTATION (WIKI)
Become a **WEED DAY SPONSOR**
and receive a complimentary registration.
- LODGING ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION FEE.
- WE ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REPLACE A SPEAKER OR TOPIC or ADJUST THE AGENDA. EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO NOTIFY PARTICIPANTS OF ANY CHANGES.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT THE UC WEED Research & Information Center :: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org :: phone: (530) 752-1748