- This event has passed.
UCCE Virtual Statewide Walnut Meeting
February 22 - February 23
Save the date for February 22-23, 2022 for the UCCE Virtual Statewide Walnut Meeting!
Agenda and registration can be found HERE.
February 22nd – Day 1 Topics Pests and Diseases
3.5 hrs of DPR CE Credits
- Managing Walnut Scale, an Insidious Pest in California Walnut Orchards
- Research Updates on Major Walnut Pests-Navel Orangeworm, Codling Moth, and Walnut Husk Fly
- Biology and Management of Flatheaded Borer in Walnuts
- California Walnut Industry Update
- Investigating Botryosphaeria/Phomopsis Diseases of Walnut in San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties
- Walnut Mold Management
- Identifying Diseases of Walnut and Management Strategies
February 23 – Day 2 Topics General Orchard Management
- Let the Tree Tell You when it’s Time to Start Irrigating
- Walnut Whole Orchard Recycling (WOR): Early Results
- Evaluating Different Cover Crop Mixes for Nitrogen Management in Walnut Orchards
- Management and Environmental Impacts on Walnut Quality
- Best Management Plans for Walnut Orchard Fertility and Salinity Management
- Walnut Improvement Program (WIP) Updates
- International Nut Markets: Economic Fundamentals for Walnuts
- Five years of SGMA: Lessons Learned and New Challenges